Skip to main content

Why I Became a PN Certified Nutritionist


I work in the fitness industry and want to be knowledgeable in all aspects of health and fitness. I discovered Precision Nutrition (PN) through a friend. I did some research and decided I liked their approach to nutrition and I liked their coaching style.

I signed up for their certification program and dug in. I learned everything from the cell level to how you digest food to how to coach clients. It took me a while, but I passed all the certification tests and became certified in Sport and Exercise Nutrition.

I now offer personal online one on one nutrition coaching. It is a year-long nutrition program. I am currently in the middle of the program myself.  I wanted to experience what my clients are and will be experiencing. Not only have I lost 20 pounds by following the program, which is an added perk, but I have also gained a wealth of knowledge when it comes to my body, food and my life in general. From what causes me to stress eat, why I make certain choices in my life and how to make choices just a little bit better.

I originally started the journey because I wanted to feel better, have more energy and really learn how to eat better. Not only do I feel better overall, but I look better. Not just with my weight loss, but my complexion, my hair, how I sleep and how I handle stress. All of this by just changing how I ate. Staying away from too much processed food and focusing more on whole foods.

You not only learn about nutrition, you learn about yourself and what may be causing some of your nutritional habits which can be a way of hiding other issues beyond food. This program is amazing and can change your whole life.  I have learned above and beyond what I learned becoming certified. It is easy to follow, slow paced and formatted for everyone to understand.

The program is created by Precision Nutrition. Between them and myself, clients receive daily five to ten-minute lessons via email that you can listen to or read. After you listen or read your lessons, you may have some questions to answer. Not all lessons will have questions. These answers can be as detailed as you like. At the end of the year, your answers will create your personal journal or owner's manual as PN calls it. You will be able to go back and see all the progress you have made.

The part I love the most is that PN teaches you to not look at food as good or bad, but how to look at food as nutrition and energy that your body needs and wants. It doesn't tell you to stop eating anything, it just helps you to make better nutrition choices. It teaches you how to be a little bit better with food and in life.  We reinforce over and over again that it is about progress, not perfection.

As I mentioned earlier, the program is slow paced and takes a year to complete. We want to create life long habits, and you can't do that in a few weeks or a few months. It takes commitment, practice and consistency. The first habit you learn is how to incorporate listening or reading your lessons every day. We are teaching you something just with this strategy alone. Teaching you how to show up every day, be accountable and consistent.

When you first begin, you will complete a detailed questionnaire about yourself. We will then create a nutrition plan just for you to help you get started. Then you will begin your daily lessons. As your coach, I will keep track of all your lessons and will provide constant feedback. I am available 24/7 and can meet in person anytime.

We do suggest that move your body every day for at least 30 minutes with this program. This can be any workout you want or are currently doing. Group fitness, home workouts, walking, yoga etc. As your coach, I can also assist you in finding a workout program that works for you. I will be writing a blog soon on workouts I like, teach and suggest.

So if you are interested in really learning about nutrition, learning about yourself and are willing to dedicate a full year to truly create a healthier happier version of yourself; contact me or check out my website. https://procoach.app/jen-lapke

My passion in life is helping people who really want to make a positive change in their life. The time will pass anyway, start your journey today!


"Progress, not Perfection."

XO,
~Jen~







Lost 20 pounds by following the program and moving my body every day for at least 30 minutes!!















Comments